To celebrate International Sculpture Day, McClelland is running a month long competition on Instagram that will run from 24 April to 24 May.
Every day we walk or drive past great Australian sculpture in shopping centres, parks, street corners and office lobbies. We want to celebrate and reveal these works that are often hidden in plain sight.
We’ve partnered with one of the great hotels of the world, the Hotel Windsor, who will host special works from our collection during the competition and cross promote it via social media.
– Create an account on Instagram and follow us @McClellandGallery + @hotel_windsor
– Don’t forget to tell your friends!
– The photos you post must be taken by you and be in Australia
– Instagram a photo of a public sculpture and include details of its location + name, plus artists details if you can in the text
– Tag @McClellandGallery #sculpturehunt so we can keep a tally
– If you post the most images you win a night in luxury at the Hotel Windsor in Melbourne!
– Last images to be posted by 5pm 24 May 2015 and competition opens 8am on 24 April.
– Please no trespassing or using photos of works in private collections though!
– Keep an eye out for hints on location of art works by following us on Instagram
– Overnight accomodation in a Victoria Suite inclusive of breakfast for two in 111 Spring Street Restaurant.
– Note, the voucher isn’t available during Special Event Periods and expires on 31 October 2015
– Winner will be notified by 29 May via Instagram