1) What is the target audience for this event? This conference will have a more specialized program than our bi-annual membership conferences. Content will be geared toward those who work in the Sculpture Parks and Gardens arena including museum directors, arts administrators and advisors, curators, city arts commissioners, city planners, architects, artists, and patrons. Of course, we welcome all of our members to join us!
2) Will there be optional activities or tours available? Optional activities and tours for the weekend before, during, and after the conference will be available. Please see our Registration Page for more details. Additional fees apply.
3) Can I bring a guest to social activities? Yes, guests may attend evening social events if they purchase a ticket. More details are available on the Registration Page.
4)What else is there to do in Seattle? Seattle and neighboring cities have a lot to offer! The ISC will publish a list of things to do and arrange for discount admission to venues where possible. Or, you may visit http://www.visitseattle.org/cultural/ for more information.
5) Where are the conference events being held? Conference registration and panel events will be hosted at the new and expanded Seattle Art Museum, Downtown location. The keynote address will be held across the street from SAM Downtown at Benaroya Hall. Evening events are being held at Experience Music Project and the Museum of Glass, Tacoma.
6) Where can I find m
membership number?You can find your member number on your magazine label; it is the 5-digit number located in red box on the left, as pictured below:
1) What is included in my registration fee? Your conference registration fee includes admission to the keynote address, panel discussions, social events including two evening receptions, boxed lunch each day, and a gallery walk.
2) Will there be a student rate for this conference? At this time there is not a student rate for the conference. We are seeking funding to enable us to offer a student rate and will announce this should funding become available.
1) Are there any travel discounts available? Yes, the ISC has arranged for discounted rates with Continental and Alaska Airlines. Enterprise Rent-A-Car and the conference hotel, Grand Hyatt Seattle, will also offer conference registrants special rates. See Travel Page for more details.
2)What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel?The Seattle Airport offers several options from getting to the airport from downtown Seattle. Airport shuttles are available for $10.25 One Way or $17.00 Roundtrip. For more details or to make a reservation visit the Gray Line Seattle website. http://www.graylineseattle.com/airportexpress1.cfml. Cabs are also available. One way fare is approximately $38 per person.
3)Do I need to rent a car? The majority of conference events are within walking distance of the conference hotel in Seattle. The ISC will provide transportation for any official events not within walking range. You may, however, wish to rent a car for free time to explore some of the great sites nearby which are not included in the program. Details on things to do on your own will be provided. Cars can be rented on a day basis from Enterprise Rent-A-Car who will pick you up at your conference hotel. Enterprise will offer conference attendees a special rate and 5% of all revenue will be donated to the ISC. See Travel Page for more details.
Cancellations submitted in writing before September 10, 2007 are subject to a $100 cancellation fee. No refunds will be offered for cancellations after September 10, 2007. All approved refunds will be paid by check and issued following the conference.