14845 Foothill Rd.
Golden, CO 80401, U.S.A.
Phone: 303-278-8031, Studio
Click image to enlarge.
In Maine, where wood is a renewable resource, the smell of freshly sawn pine logs at my father's mill was part of my childhood. Materials have always been a source for ideas. I work with respect for the nature of materials and craftsmanship, and it is my intention to use them with careful attention to inherent properties.
GALLERY: Artyard, 1251 South Pearl St., Denver, CO 80210, 303-777-3219
- BA, magna cum laude, Metropolitan State College, Denver, CO
- ABS, Westbrook College, Portland, ME
- Haystack Mountain School of Crafts, Deer Isle, ME
- Anderson Ranch Arts Center, Snowmass Village, CO - Sam Maloof Scholarship
GRANT: Rocky Mountain Women's Institute
HONORARY AWARD: Tower Award for Alumni Achievement - Westbrook College, Portland, ME
SELECTED PUBLIC/CORPORATE COLLECTIONS:
- Denver Art Museum
- Jones Intercable, Inc.
- Unitarian Universalist Assoc., Boston, MA
MANY PRIVATE COLLECTIONS
SELECTED ONE PERSON SHOWS:
- Artyard, Denver 1998
- Gensler & Assoc., Denver 1996
- Payson Gallery of Art, Portland, ME 1991
- Denver Art Museum, Close Range Gallery, 1991
- Tavelli Gallery, Aspen, 1989
SELECTED INVITATIONAL SHOWS:
- Arvada Center for Humanities, Arvada, CO
- "Colorado Abstraction: 1975 - 1998" 1999
- Center for Visual Arts, Metropolitan State College
- "Objects of Personal Significance" 1998
- Arvada Center for Humanities "Woods" 1998
- One West Art Center, Ft. Collins, CO
- "20 Artists, 20 Years" and "Composing a Life" 1997
- "Colorado Painters and Sculptors" 1997
- Nicholaysen Art Museum, Casper, WY
- "Colorado Artists" 1996-7
- Foothills Art Center, Golden, CO
- "Enchantment of Japan" 1995
- University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
- Denver Art Museum, Close Range Gallery
- Inaugural Show from Permanent Collection
- "Artists of the Western Region" 1986