Petaluma, CA 94952, U.S.A.
Phone: 707 887 0477
Fax: 707 887 0477
Click image to enlarge.
I stand at a distance and discover what my work is about when a piece is completed. When I am in the process of working on something I function on a non-verbal level. The thread that connects my work is about exploring the relationship between opposing forces; it seeks to discover the frontiers where they merge
On working with stone......
My medium is monumental stone. I collaborate with the stones...choosing areas where I alter the stone. In doing this I attempt to create a harmony between the alteration and the original stone... to add a new history to the old. Simultaneously while altering the stone, I am also using the same process in "preparing" the site/environment. The sculpture and environment become one/inseparable.
On Sculptural Landscapes....
The creation of Sculptural Landscapes was the result of the combination of two factors. Prior to heading the landscape design firm, I was teaching sculpture and creating indoor site specific sculpture. Incorporated into the work were all the architectural elements of the room, it's history and ambient feeling. My hobby was gardening. As a child I worked along side my father who was an avid garden, floral designer and wholesale florist. I decided to move the site specific installations outdoors and combine it with my hobby.
- 1977-1981- San Francisco State University, San Francisco. MA Sculpture, with Honors - June 1981
- 1977-1979- San Francisco Art Institute, San Francisco. Post-baccalaureate work in painting and sculpture
- 1970-1974-University of Southern California, Los Angeles. BS, Fine Arts major, English minor, Cum Laude - June 1974
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/MAJOR INSTALLATIONS
- 1984-2006 SUZANNE BIAGGI Sculptural Landscapes, Owner, principal; full service
landscape design firm –incl. project Management
- 2004 Site Specific Installation/Design/Creation; Private collection –Lund/Kivel,
Marshall, CA.; sculptural landscape with 3 piece granite sculpture
- The Revealing with water LD 6’ average weight 2000 lbs.; design of site with sculpture;
project manage total project
- Public Art Commission – Selected by the San Francisco Arts Commission to create
a sculpture for the Courtyard at the newly renovated Laguna Honda Hospital – to be
installed in 2008
- 2003 Public Art Commission – Design/Creation, installation; basalt sculpture 8 ½’ LD,
7000lbs and benches;Unity/Diversity; invited by the city of Santa Rosa; Santa Rosa, California
- 2002 Site Specific Installation/Design/Creation; Private Collection - Mr. & Mrs. John Esterkyn, San Francisco, CA. 3 stone basalt culpture The Source, with water feature, LD 8', average weight - 3000lbs. Landscape design of site; project manager
Site Specific Installation/Design/Creation; Private Collection - Mr. & Mrs. Robert Kirkwood, Palo Alto, Ca.; Basalt stone sculpture Outside/Inside, LD 7' 0 4000 lbs., with low basalt chair
- 2001 Site Specific Installation/Design/Creation; Private Collection - Mr. & Mrs. Terry Hayes, Los Altos, CA. Multi stone basalt sculpture La Passione, water feature connecting with swimming pool, LD 7', average weight- 1 ton
- 2000 Public Art Commission-Design/Creation; Granite sculpture LD 12' and sculpture plaza; La Angoscia; Vicinity Corp; Sunnyvale, Ca. Installation/Creation; Private collection - Ms. Kate Schaffner, Moraga, CA; monumental 1 ton granite sculpture Kika e Io
- 1999 Site Specific Installation/Design/Creation; Private Collection - Mr. & Mrs. Larry Lasky, Muir Beach, CA. 1 ton granite sculpture, Quite Murmur; including courtyard renovation Installation/Creation; Private Collection - Mr. Frank Bernie, Moraga, CA; 1/2 ton basalt sculpture, Sun Mirror
- 1998 Site Specific Installation/Design/Creation; Private Collection - Mr. & Mrs. Mark Robbins, Novato, CA. 1/2 ton brownstone sculpture Untitled; including courtyard design Installation/Creation; Public Collection - Ira Wolk gallery at Auberge Du Solei, Napa, CA, three piece monumental granite sculpture LD 7', Time and Reflection
- Frank Sinatra
- Sir Isaac Stern
- Queen Hope Mamgyal (Maharani of Sikkim)
- Lionel Richie
- Kirk Hammett (lead guitar player for Metallica)
- Mr. & Mrs. Brayton Wilbur
- San Francisco Chronicle - 4/96, 4/97, 4/99& 3/2002
- Argus Courier, Petaluma - 1960
- Press Democrat, Santa Rosa -1990,1998 & 3/2000
- Marin I.J., Marin County - 1995
MAGAZINES & BOOKS
- Art Week - 3/2002
- Landscape Architect - 1/2000
- Landscape Contractor - 3/2000
- Designers Illustrated, 4/97
- Everyday Favorites of Sonoma County-Pub. 1997
- DOMA-Pub. 1996
- Designed Landscape Forum 1 - Pub. 1998