2284 Norwic Pl.
none, 0 91001, Venezuela
Phone: 626) 398-4109
Fax: (626) 398-4346
Click image to enlarge.
Christopher Davis is a sculptor and writer. Examples of both arts may be seen on his website wordsandstone.com. He was born and raised in Philadelphia. His early training in visual art was at the Broad Street School of Fine Arts, Philadelphia.
- The Barnes Foundation, Merion, PA
- The Colorado Springs Fine Arts Institute, Colorado Springs, CO
- The Art Students League, New York, NY
- The Academy of Fine Arts, Rome, Italy
- He is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.
He has published twelve novels, of which A Peep Into the 20th Century was a National Book Award nominee. He is a recipient of the Career Citation Award given by the National Academy of Arts and Letters.
He has been a lecturer in the arts at:
- The University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Bowling Green State University, OH
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA
- Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, PA
- Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA
His sculptures are in private collections in:
- Tiverton, RI
- Pasadena, CA
- Altadena, CA
- New York City, NY
- Orlando, FL
- Chicago IL
- Brooklyn, NY
"The inspiration for my carvings in limestone and marble is derived from the mountain ranges of the American Southwest, from the animate body, from the early work of Lipchitz, and from the later work of Noguchi."
"The images I create play in the area between abstraction and the human form."
- 2003 Pasadena Society of Artist; Group show; Award for Excellence for Step (2002), Hahk Kim judge Modern Art Gallery, Wilshire Blvd, L.A.
- Santa Anita Arboretum; Group show; Award for Sculpture for Rising Forms FemalelMale (2002), Scott Hamilton judge; Santa Anita, CA
- Pasadena Museum of History; Group show; Award for sculpture; Pasadena, CA
- Mountain View Art Space; Group show; Award for sculpture, Rising Form Male (2000). Henry Hopkins judge; Altadena, CA
- Body & Stone; Two-person show; Pasadena Art Space; Old Town, Pasadena, CA
- Stone & Wood; Two-person show; Bryn Mawr College; Bryn Mawr, PA
Christopher Davis is married to the artist and writer Sally Warner and lives in Altadena, CA, USA