- Shall We Gather, for 26 x 13 foot wall, Lutheran Church, Blacksburg VA, Nov. 06
- Moon, Tree, and Thee, 6 x 7 feet, flamed copper, paint, residence, Blacksburg VA, Jan 07
- Shifting Sun with Birds, 8 x 8 feet, flamed copper, home, Seattle WA, Feb. 05
- Square Dance, 5 x 5 feet, flamed copper and paint, residence, Portland OR, Dec. 04
- Mountain Spirit, home, Fincastle VA. Feb. 03
- Elephant Vine, GE Building 40, Schenectady NY. March 2000
- Women’s Work 2009, Woodstock, IL, spring 09.
- Images 2009, Images 2009, Penn State University, summer 08, 09.
- Sidewalk Art Show, Roanoke VA, summer 08, 09. Sculpture honorable mention 08.
- The Best of America Sculpture Artists & Artisans, 07
- Roanoke City Show, Art Museum of Western VA, 06, 05
- Olin Gallery, Roanoke College, Biennials 02, 00, 98, 96
- Sculpture Now ‘98: The figure, Washington Square, DC, Feb. 2-May 1, 98
- New River Art, Blacksburg Regional Art Assn., 99, 97, 95; Creature Feature, Mesa Arts Center, Mesa, AZ, Dec. 2-Jan. 3, 98; Touchable Art, Artists Unlimited, Tampa, FL, May 3-July 5, 97; Westmoreland Community College National Art Competition, Youngwood, PA, June 6-30, 93; Atalaya Festival, Huntington State Park, SC, September 92
-Winter 2009: Perspective Gallery vitrines, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg; Star City Playhouse, Roanoke, VA.
- Winter 2008 shows: Zeppoli’s restaurant, See Mark Optical, First National Bank, Shear Artistry, all in Blacksburg
- Bumps and Grinds: Tooled Copper and Carved Stone, Gallery 108, Roanoke, VA, Sept. 07.
- Earth and Fire, copper and stone, The Gallery, Radford VA, Spring 07.
- Through the Flame, copper and clay, Virginia Tech Research Park, VTLS Winter 07, NRVCS Fall 06
- Mostly Faces: Stone, Copper & Clay, Southwest VA Community College, Mar. 02.
- Masks: A Collaboration, Clay Corner Inn, Blacksburg, July-Oct. 02. Blue Ridge Arts Council window, Roanoke, Mar. 02. Glade Baptist, Blacksburg, Summer 01. Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea, summer 97. Studios on the Square, Roanoke, VA, Oct. 97.
- Light in Stone, Masks, and Hit Rocks not People, Radford (VA) Univ., July 21-Oct.2, 97
- Hit Rocks not People, Women's Center, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, Oct.2-31, 97
- Copper Wonderings, Corporate Research Center, Apr.-July 99
- Waste Not, Want Not, Waste Policy Institute, Blacksburg, VA, Jan. 15-Apr. 15, 99
- Perspectives Gallery spotlight, VA Tech, April 92, 95
- Wharf Gallery, Staunton, VA, Nov. 94
- Mitchell College, Statesville, NC, March 94
- New River Valley Community College, Dublin, VA, March 93
2, 3-person shows
- Mill Mountain Coffee & Tea, March-April 08
- Lasting Impressions, Gallery on Merchants Square, Williamsburg, VA, Oct. 06
- Two Friends, with Nell Fredericksen, Ferrum College, Sept.-Oct., 04
- Women of Stone, with Sharon Dowdy, Fine Arts Center of New River Valley, Pulaski, VA, April-May 02
- Light in Stone, with Tucker Hill, Ferrum College, Ferrum, VA, Oct.-Nov. 01
- Light in Stone, with Jong Suk Doh, Gallery 10, Washington, DC, June 23-July 18, 98
- A Light Shines Through, with Leslye Bloom, VA Tech Corporate Rsch Ctr, Nov. 96-Jan. 97.; Love and Logic with Elizabeth Osiak, Altman Gallery, Vancouver, WA, Dec. 95; Taylor Gallery with Katrina McMillan-Zapf, Lynchburg, VA, Aug. 94; River Gallery, Chattanooga, TN, June 94; Shenandoah Club, Roanoke, VA, July-Oct. 94; Art International, Blacksburg, fall 92
- Loveland (CO) Sculpture Invitational Show & Sale, Aug. 09, 08, 07, 06, 05, 04, 03, 02
- Sculpture Invitational, Cristallo Gallery, Williamsburg, July-Aug. 03, 02, 01
- From the Earth, Glade Baptist, Blacksburg VA, summer 01
- Arts Alive!, Blacksburg Bicentennial exhibit, Perspective Gallery, Virginia Tech, Apr. 98; The Figure, Montgomery College, Rockville, MD, May 26-July 3, 98; Cedar Creek Gallery, Creedmoor, NC, spring 94 and 95; North American Artists Invitational, Museum Without Walls, Bemus Point, NY, Oct. 92
- “The Shape of Things,” Southwest VA Metalsmiths’ Guild, Studios on the Square, Roanoke, Nov.-Dec. 06
- Darcy Meeker and Friends, Millstone Gallery, Fincastle VA, May 06
- Sculpture in the Park, Lenoir, NC, Sept. 02, Aug. 96, Aug. 93
- Many themed shows since 1996, Glade Baptist Church, Blacksburg
- Meaning and Metaphor, Perspective Gallery, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Sept. 96; Shenandoah Club, fall/96; Abingdon Depot Gallery, spr/97; Danville Museum, sum/97; Member Show I & II, Unitarian Fellowship, Blacksburg, 96-97; Path of Light, Fine Arts Center of the New River Valley, Pulaski, VA, Aug. 96; Winterfest, VA Tech, Blacksburg, Feb. 94; Visions of Our Valley, Miller-off-Main Gallery, Blacksburg,, Oct. 94; Menagerie, Fine Arts Center of the New River Valley, Pulaski, VA, July 92; NRAC Member Show, Montgomery Museum, Christiansburg, May 92
- Local Artists Gallery, Dec. 91-94, 96, 97
- Love Inspiration (co-organizer), Miller-off-Main Gallery, Blacksburg, May 93
- Southwest Virginia Women Sculptors: Fine Arts Center, Lynchburg, July 93; Perspective Gallery, VA Tech, Blacksburg, Oct. 93; Fine Arts Center of the New River Valley, Pulaski, Nov. 93; James Center, Richmond, Oct. 94
- Make Art, Be Happy, six workshops in Blacksburg, sum/94
Asst Prof/AgExtn Communications, Univ. of Florida, Gainesville 32611, April 85 till July 91. Wrote and edited news releases; handled media inquiries; directed student interns and employees; gave training in writing, communications and media relations; supervised production of materials to promote educational programs; guest lectured in PR, journalism and science classes, and professional organizations, such as the Florida Magazine and National Garden Writers' associations; shot photos; did computer graphics, plus wrote and did interviews for some television news.
News Bureau Director, University of Florida Information and Publication Services, Gainesville 32611 till April 85. Supervised 3 writers and 4 to 12 graduate and undergraduate student interns and employees. Coordinated photo support and release of stories for Associated Press and United Press International. Wrote news, research and feature articles for internal and external media outlets. Helped design and execute campaigns. Wrote television and radio scripts, voiced radio news, and edited television news tape. Started as information specialist in Sep. 74, then promoted.
- “Beginner’s Mind,” Copper, Stone Carving, Willowbank Creative Center, Blacksburg, VA, 05-present.
- Soft Stone Carving, Carving Studio and Sculpture Center, West Rutland, VT, June 04
- Stone carving, weekly, home studio, spr/01-present
- Stone carving (for "behavior problem" 6th grade boys), EES, Pembroke VA, Spr/02
- Copper Jewelry (for "self-esteem problem" girls), Community Services, Blacksburg, sum/02
- Copper Jewelry, Gouache Swash, Intro. to Soapstone, Roanoke Adult Ed, 99-07
- Creativity Warm-up, 1½ day workshop, Newport VA, Nov. 98
- Magazine and Feature Writing, Technical Journalism, UF, mid 80s
- English as a Second Language, Florida Institute of Technology, Mar. 74
- Freshman English, UF, Ford Fellowship, 70-71
- "Let There Be Light," Sculptural Pursuit 2 (No.2): pp.40-42
- “Creative Healing,” 2-part series, Expressions, Arts Council of the New River Valley, Spring, Summer 1997
Checkered past. Bookkeeper, St. Augustine FL Record, 73-74. Computer programmer (PL/I on IBM 360) translating Shakespeare play concordances into graphs for UF English professor, 71-72. Freelance editing for Virginia Tech faculty and Washington, DC int'l devel. consultant, 91-01. Freelance writer, food promotions, Try Foods International, Orlando, FL, 90-92. Ad design and presentation freelancer for high tech clients, Gainesville, FL, 87-91. Entertainment editor, Florida Alligator, UF student newspaper, summer 68. In New York City: Writer/editorial assistant, Department Store Economist, Beauty Fashion Magazine, Cosmetic World Newsletter, 67; Secretary/copywriter trainee, Jane Trahey Advertising Agency, 66; teletypist/librarian, Advertising Age, 65. Reporter/photographer/feature writer, Indianapolis Today, 66
- M.A., UF, Mar. 81. THESIS: "In the Heat of the Night: Novel to Script to Film"
- B.A., University of Florida, Dec. 69. Ford Fellowship, Phi Kappa Phi
- Stone carving workshops with Tengenenge, Zimbabwe, sculptors Bernard Matemera and Alice Musara, in the Netherlands, fall 95
- Apprentice, hard stone, wax modeling, and teaching sculpture to children with Hanneke Zwart, Veenendal, NL, summer, fall 95
- Arrowmont, Gatlinburg, TN: Stone carving Bob Lockhart, March 92, 91, 03, 06. Design, Randy Long, March 91. Clay, Jim Lawton, Virginia Cartwright, March 91, Paula Winokur, Aug. 89
- Encaustics, Acrylics, Oils, Mask Making, Studio School, Roanoke VA, 92-03
- UF (clay hand building, 90, and drawing, 68)
- New School for Social Research (oils, 65)
- Accredited Public Relations Professional, FL.
- Ford Fellowship at UF, English 69-70.
- Pres., Blacksburg Regional Art Assn 96-00
- PR chair, Newport Village Studio Board, 96-present
- Board member, Arts Alive! Town-wide, 40+ venue Art Show, Blacksburg, VA, 97-00
- PR chair, New River Art 93 and 95, biennial juried regional show.
- Board, New River Valley Fine Arts Council, Blacksburg, VA. 90-96
Pre-art - Reviewer, UF Institutional Review Board for research involving human subjects, 88-91. - Chair, Writing SIG, Ag Communicators in Education (ACE), 89-91; reviewer, ACE quarterly, 87-91. - Chair, Ag. Communications, Southern Assn of Agricultural Scientists, 89-90. - Secy, UF Assn of Women Faculty, 89-90. - Pres., UF faculty honorary, Arts & Civilization Symposium, 89-90. - Chair, Gainesville Area Women's Network. - Coordinator, Café Muse, City of Gainesville, 90. - Chair, UF Public functions committee, 84-87