190 Farmholme Road
Stonington, CT 06378, U.S.A.
Phone: 860 235-0091
Click image to enlarge.
My current work has its roots in the natural world. I collect and recreate found natural and man made objects specific to a place, with great attention to detail. I find beauty in the ordinary and the overlooked, and in the patterns of decay. Human influence on the environment is a current subject, as is imagery from 16th and 17th Renaissance still life painting. Disparate objects are combined to create a new history, capturing a frozen moment.
RECENT AWARDS AND HONORS
- 2006 Connecticut Commission on the Arts Individual Artist Fellowship
- 2005 Visual Arts Sea Grant, University of Rhode Island Sea Grant Program
- 2006 A.I.R. Vallauris, Vallauris, France, two month artist residency
SELECTED RECENT EXHIBITIONS-SOLO
- 2006 Natures Mortes, Galerie Aqui Siam Ben, Vallauris, France
- 2006 Mitchell College, New London, Connecticut
- 2005 University of Connecticut, Avery Point, Groton, Connecticut
SELECTED RECENT EXHIBITIONS-GROUP
- 2007 NCECA Clay National Biennial Juried Exhibition, Kentucky Museum of Arts & Crafts, Louisville, Kentucky
- 2007 Retrospective 2006, Galerie Aqui Siam Ben, Vallauris, France
- 2006 Natural Instincts, Erickson-Davis Gallery, Ivoryton, Connecticut
- 2006 Baltimore Clayworks Invitational-an Extravagance of Salt & Pepper, Baltimore, Maryland,
- 2006 Viewpoint Ceramics, Grossmont College, El Cajon, California
- 2005 NCECA Clay National Biennial Jured Exhibition, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland
- 2005 Ceramic Competition, Gallery International, Baltimore, Maryland 2nd place award for ceramic sculpture
- 2005 North American Clay, Guilford Art Center, Guilford, Connecticut
- 2005 Ceramic Invitational 2005, Texas A & M University, Commerce, Texas
- 2005 Craft USA 2005, Silvermine Art Center, New Canaan, Connecticut award for ceramic sculpture