77-122 La Aloa Avenue
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, U.S.A.
Phone: (808) 322-9038
Click image to enlarge.
Pica is a portrait and figurative sculptor. Her portraits are commissioned works executed in clay from life at sittings and/or from photographs and drawings. The finished sculpture is cast in bronze or plaster. The patina and type of base for the sculpture are selected by prior agreement. Pica's figurative sculptures are works of personal expression or commissioned pieces.
Private and corporate commissions may be made by contacting the artist directly through her website.
"For me, portraits are more than just a physical reflection of a person's palpable appearance. In order to be successful, they must reveal the underlying character and psyche, which together with the external corporeal envelope project an individual's recognizable features and personality."
- Allied Artists 87th Annual Juried Exhibition, National Arts Club Galleries, NYC, 5-30 Dec 2000
- Connecticut Academy of Fine Art, Slater Memorial Museum, Norwich CT, 14 Oct -17 Nov 2000
- Atlantic City Art Center, Atlantic City, New Jersey, 1-30 September 2000
- "Strokes of Genius" Great Neck Library, Great Neck, NY, 13 Mar - 7 June 99.
- Berkeley Art Center Annual Member Showcase, Berkeley, Ca.. 17 Jan - 21 Feb 99.
- "Face to Face," Stage Gallery, Merrick, NY, 18 Dec 98- 24 Jan 99.
- American Artists Professional League, 70th Grand National Exhibition, Salmagundi Club, 10 - 20 Nov 98.
- "Substantial Dreams," AQA Juried Sculpture Exhibition, 17 Oct - 7 Nov 98.
- Arts Council of the East Islip Public Library, Annual Juried Art Show, Bayard Cutting Arboretum , Oakdale, N.Y., 10 - 18 Oct 98.
- Ridgefield Guild of Artists, 21st Annual Juried Exhibition, Ridgefield, Connecticut, 2 - 25 Oct 98.
- Kent Art Association Juried Fall Representational Show, Kent, Connecticut, 19 Sept.- 12 Oct 98. Awarded Kent Art Association Award for Sculpture.
- San Mateo County Fair, San Mateo, California, 14 - 23 Aug 98. Awarded Gold Award for Sculpture.
- "Portraits by Women," Woman Made Gallery, Chicago, Illinois, 3-24 April, 98.
- "Time Share" Juried Multi-Media Exhibition, Wisser Gallery, New York Institute of Technology, Feb - Mar 98
- Chung Cheng Gallery, St. John's University, Annual Juried Exhibition, Dec 97 - Jan 98. Awarded Best in Show, Sculpture.