365 W. 25th St. Apt. 3A
New York, NY 10001, U.S.A.
Click image to enlarge.
The sculpture of Daniel Dosamantes is nourished by his artistically-rich Mexican cultural heritage and the ideals of contemporary sculpture.
Using marble, limestone and granite, the work of Daniel Dosamantes explores the multitude of human emotions through the use of abstract and representational imagery. The use of elemental symbols, the balance of space, combined with the organic vitality of stone, invokes the viewer to enter a world of wonder, sensual beauty, serenity, and spiritual discovery.
Daniel Dosamantes studied drawing with Robert Beverly Hale and sculpture with Nathaniel Kats, both at the Art Students League in New York City. He was a member of the New Mexico Sculptors Guild, New York Artists' Equity, and the Arts Council of Rockland County.
- 1984 Participated in a group show at the Nanuet Public Library in New York.
- 1986 Participated in a series of group shows at the East Village Gallery -''The Emerging Collector.''
- One-man show at the Legislative Chambers of Rockland County, which was organized by the Rockland Center for the Arts.
- 1988 Group show at the Rockland Center for the Arts.
- Invited to exhibit at the Gracie Square Art Show in New York City.
- 1989 One-man show at the Jewish Community Center - Tenafly, New Jersey.
- Invited to exhibit at the Gracie Square Art Show - New York City.
- 1990 One-man show at the Valley Cottage Library - New York.
- 1991 Work on display at the Windsor Betts Gallery - Santa Fe.
- 1992 Work on display art the Burk Armstrong Gallery - Taos.
- Group show at the Fuller Lodge Art Center and Gallery, organized by the New Mexico Sculptor's Guild.
- Group show at the Art Ventures Gallery - Santa Fe.
- Group show at the St. John's College - Santa Fe.
- 1993 Work on display at the Art Ventures Gallery - Santa Fe.
- He was one of the artists featured on the CNN program "Santa Fe Art and Beyond", which was televised nationally and internationally.
- 2000 Work displayed at the Waterside Gallery - West Stockbridge, Massachusetts.