37 Fort Pond Blvd.
East Hampton, NY 11937, U.S.A.
Phone: 631 329 7533
Click image to enlarge.
For the past fifteen years I have designed, fabricated, and installed numerous architectural sculptures. My work is found in public spaces, houses of worship, and architecturally important private homes. I have worked with award winning architects, involved, astute clients, and have been a part of an award winning design team. The ”American Institute of Architects”, among others, has recognized me with awards for design and sculpture.
For over seven years I worked in collaboration with Normam Jaffe F.A.I.A. The experience of working on a design team evolved into my work as an architectural sculptor. This has been immensely helpful in understanding and dealing with the challenges associated with “Art-in–Architecture”. Part of this challenge is relevance to the site. To that end I work closely with project architects and clients, only accepting commissions appropriate for the site and myself.
- 1947 Born New York, NY
- 1969 BFA, Carnegie Institute of Technology, Pittsburgh, PA
- 1970-74 Multiple Awards, Santa Barbara Art Association
- 1974 Selected Artists Gallery, New York, NY
- 1976 Gallery J.A.S.A., Munich, West Germany
- 1978-88 Numerous One Man and Group Shows
- Associate Designer "Gates of The Grove"Synagogue, East Hampton, NY; Norman Jaffe F.A.I.A. Architect
- New York State Assocation of Architects "Certificate of Excellence In Design"
- "Ten Artists", Invitational, Guild Hall Museum, East Hampton, NY
- "Federal Bank Purchase Award"; Larry Rivers, Juror
- 1989-95 Numerous Commissions Including:
- Merck Pharmaceuticals, Rahway, NJ
- Walt Disney, Glendale, CA
- Dearborn Construction, Boise, ID
- St. James Cathedral, Seattle, WA; National Competition
- 1996 American Woodworker "Excellence In Craftsmanship"; First Place, Professional Category
- 1997-98 Multiple Commissions, Mr and Mrs Steve Wynn, Ketchum, ID; James Ruscitto A.I.A. Architect
- Two (of four given) American Institute of Architects "Art and Design Awards"
- Airport Public Art Competition Commission, East Hampton, NY
- 1999 Multiple Commissions, Mr and Mrs Stanley Arkin, Amagansett, NY
- Multiple Commissions, Mr and Mrs Peter Knobel, Vail, CO; Robert Barnes A.I.A. and Chris Coy A.I.A., Architects
- Documentary "Modern Masters", HGTV
- 2001 Fort Smith Public Library, Fort Smith, AK
- 2002 Commission Mr and Mrs Mike Chew Sandy, UT