1155 Lyman Ave, Oak Park, IL 60304
773-470-7915 | http://hollyholmes.info | email@example.com
Master of Fine Arts, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC), Chicago IL, 2011.
Emphasis in Sculpture
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale (SIUC), Carbondale IL, 2000
Emphasis in Painting
- Fire Cat, Chicago, IL, 2013
- Terrain, Oak Park IL, 2012,
- Oak Park Public Library, Il, 2012
- Aqua Art Miami, (with What It Is) Miami, FL, 2011
- Water, Side Car Gallery, Hammond IN, 2011
- Wild Things Are, Oak Park Public Library, Oak Park IL, 2011
- Wood Worked, Chicago Urban Art Society, Chicago, IL, 2011
- MFA Thesis Show, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 2011
- Evanston Art Center Benefit, Evanston, IL, 2011
- Weddings/Proms/Corporate Events., Zhou B Center, Chicago, Il 2011
- Portage ARTspace, Chicago, IL, 2011
- Verge Fair, (with What It Is) Miami, FL, 2010
- Mano, Mundo, Corazón, The Center For Book and Paper, Columbia College, Chicago, IL, 2010
- Gimme Green, Friends of Ryerson Woods, Deerfield, Il 2010
- Next Art Fair, (with What It Is), Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL, 2010
- Version Fest 09, Chicago, IL, 2010
- UnCommon Territories, Heaven Gallery, Chicago, IL, 2010
- Fountain Benefit, Brooklyn, NY, 2009
- Leaf House, permanent installation, Turku, Finland, 2009
- A Trophy Cabinet, Medicine Cabinet Chicago IL, 2009.
- Distress, GARDENfresh, Chicago, IL 2008. (SOLO SHOW)
- Bridge Art Fair, Berlin, Germany, 2008
- Consuming War, Hyde Park Art Center, Chicago, IL 2007.
- J-Walking, Polish Museum of America, Chicago, IL, 2007.
- Open Studio Program, Public Art Program, Chicago IL 2006
- 18th Evanston and Vicinity Biennial, Evanston Art Center, Evanston, IL. 2006.
- J’Accuse, Gescheidle Gallery. Chicago, IL, 2005. (SOLO SHOW)
- Materiel World, Union League Club, Chicago, IL, 2005. (SOLO SHOW)
- Collaborations, Northern Illinois University Chicago Gallery, Chicago IL, 2004.
- Philadelphia Art Hotel, Philadelphia, PA 2013 (upcoming)
- Harold Arts, Chesterhill, OH, 2011
- Open Studio, Chicago, IL, 2006
- Silk Screen printing, Evanston Art Center, Evanston, IL, 2007.
- Art Clay Workshop, Milwaukee, WI, 2004.
- R & F Encaustics Workshop, River Forest, IL, 2003.
- Golden Paints Materials Workshop, Chicago, IL 2002
LECTURES, PANEL DISCUSSIONS
- What’s Your Art, Demo and Discussion Chicago Cultural Center, Dec. 2011
- Better Together, Panel MDW Fair, Chicago, 2011
- Round Table with Tobias Putrih, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, 2011
- No End in Sight: panel discussion, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Dec 2008
- Oak Park Art League, Demo and Discussion, Oak Park IL, 2008
- Collaboration: Overrated or Underserved? Around the Coyote, Chicago, IL, 2007.
- Southern Illinois University, Visiting Artist Program, Carbondale, IL, 2004.
- Huffington Post, online 6/17/11
- New City, 2/21/08
Multi Arts Instructor, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, IL, 2011- Present.
- Instruct 1st and 2nd grade students in art activities including Painting, Drawing & Sculpture.
- Develop syllabus, plan curriculum and supervise teaching assistants
Co-Director, What It Is, Oak Park, IL, 2009 – Present
- Co-run artist run exhibition and project space.
- Curate exhibitions, install art works, promote projects, work with artists to develop concepts
- Publish catalogues and present artist projects at art fairs around the country
Faculty, The Hyde Park Art Center (HPAC), Chicago, IL, 2008 – Present.
- Instruct adult students of all age ranges in Encaustic Painting.
- Instruct adult students of all age ranges in Sculpture.
- Develop syllabus and plan curriculum.
Teaching Assistant, The School of the Art Institute of Chicago, IL, 2009-2011.
- TA Mold Making, Sculpture Department, 2010
- TA Digital Photography, Photography Department, 2010
- TA Fundamentals of Furniture, Designed Objects Department, 2009 – 2010
Faculty, Lill Street Art Center, Chicago IL, 2007-2010.
- Instructed classes in Acrylic Painting, Encaustic Painting, & Summer Camp
Enumerator, Census Bureau, Chicago, IL 2009
- Conducted door to door interviews to verify preliminary data for 2010 Census project
Faculty, Evanston Art Center, Evanston, IL, 2004 - 2008
- Instructed classes and workshops in Encaustic Painting