72 Gamble Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4K 2H1, Canada
Click image to enlarge.
I was born in the revolutionary Havana of 1982 into what was perceived as a prosperous and just society, which soon after the Berlin wall fell and the Soviet Union collapsed, turned into a desperate and fierce version of itself that is still struggling to survive. I grew up in that context, with dualism, and a surreal’ lifestyle. My vision and Art done in Cuba reflects such formation.
As an autodidact, I produced almost all of my art and defined the concepts, styles and aesthetics that would remain pure through my university years at the University of Arts In Havana. I took before the university a few workshops and courses in many areas like Contemporary Art, Photography and Drawing. Also my others professional experiences have influenced my art-work. I’ve worked sculpture, paints and drawings, installation, photography and conceptual art.
Also at the time of getting into the University of Arts, I was working for Theatre as a props man. While studying I kept my position at the Theatre and also co-Design Set and Costume, and design and built Props, accumulating a total of 7 years of experience. Likewise, I began my career as Art Director and Set Decorator for five years and counting, reaching also positions like Production Designer and Co-Director for TV.
I graduated from the Cuban University of Arts in 2012, and in 2013 I moved to Toronto Canada, where I am working to resume my career in the Visual Arts as well as in the Film & TV Industries.
- On duty co-existences, Provincial Center of Visual Arts and Design Light and Crafts; 2006
- Prologue, Simon Bolivar Museum, Havana, Cuba; 2004
- Power, Arta Gallery, Toronto, Canada. July (Pan Am Games), 2015
- Abre tus ojos, Latin-American Art Exhibition as part of the opening ceremony of the Hispanic Heritage Month 2014, Toronto City Hall. Canada. 2014
- Light and Color, Arta Gallery, Toronto, Canada; September 2013
- Painting in the Prado Avenue, Community Art project, Havana, Cuba; 2005-2011
- Group Therapy, Gallery Fayad Jamis, Havana, Cuba; 2008
- Small format Salon, L Gallery, Havana, Cuba; 2006
- Waldo Luis Rodriguez Arts Salon, Pabellon Cuba Center, Havana, Cuba; 2005
- Playa Salon, Servando Cabrera Gallery, Havana, Cuba; 2005
- V Installation Salon Juan F. Elso Padilla, Mariano Rodriguez Gallery, Havana, Cuba; 2005
- Identity Proyect of the artist Toril Bonassen, made in Havana Cuba, to exhibit in Norway; 2005
- Making-off, Pabellon Cuba Center, Havana, Cuba; 2004
- Hemingway in Cuba contest, Ambos Mundos Hotel, (mention), Havana, Cuba 2004
- IV Installation Salon Juan Francisco Elso Padilla, Mariano Rodriguez Gallery, 2004
- La vuelta del Sargento Pimienta, Itinerant exhibitions for 13 gallerys, Havana, Cuba; 2003-2004
- Forms,Silver Museum, Havana, Cuba; 2003
- Re-encounter, Decorative Fine Arts Museum, collateral with the VIII Havana Biennial, Cuba 2003
- Habana 1791 perfumery, Havana, Cuba; 2003
- Tradition and Modernity, ACAA exhibition, Plate Museum, Havana, Cuba; 2002
- My Habana Street, Community Art project, Havana, Cuba; 2002
- IX biennal Domingo Ravenet, Domingo Ravenet gallery, Havana, Cuba; 2002